Friday, March 19, 2010

Abstract



I was a really lousy artist as a kid. Too abstract expressionist, or I'd draw a ram's head, really messy. I'd never win painting contests. I remember losing to a guy who did a perfect spiderman.Jean Michel Basquiat > Art Work, Artist, Abstract , Art Contests, Expressionist, Drawing
You like it, that's all, whether it's a landscape or abstract. You like it. It hits you. You don't have to read it. The work of art-sculpture or painting-forces your eye.Clement Greenberg > Art Work, Likes, Landscapes, Sculpture, Painting, Abstract
For me, the nude body is like a raw material.. another artist might use oil or clay. I love the fact that, en masse, it can be turned into an infinite number of shapes or abstractions, while the setting I choose.. rural, urban, indoors or out.. is like a canvas.Spencer Tunick > Create, Human Body, Nude, Abstraction, Shapes


No comments:

Post a Comment